There are some risks associated with crypto.
Digital, virtual, crypto currencies or tokens may be prohibited or restricted in your jurisdiction.
Since prices may be highly volatile, be careful and don’t invest money which you cannot afford to lose.
Disclosure of material risks
1) Virtual currency/tokens is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to goverment protections;
2) Legislative and regulatory changes or actions at the state, federal, or international level may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, and value of Virtual Currency/tokens;
3) Transactions in Virtual Currency/tokens are generally irreversible, and, accordingly, losses due to fraudulent or accidental transactions may not be recoverable;
4) Some Virtual Currency/tokens transactions shall be deemed to be made when recorded on a “block chain” ledger, which is not necessarily the date or time that the customer initiates the transaction;action;
5) The value of Virtual Currency/tokens is derived from the continued willingness of market participants to exchange other currencies or tokens for Virtual Currency/tokens, which may result in the potential for permanent and total loss of value of a particular Virtual Currency/token should the market for that Virtual Currency/token disappear; there is liquidity risk and other investment risks;
6) There is no assurance that a Person who accepts a Virtual Currency/token today will continue to do so in the future;
7) The volatility and unpredictability of the price of Virtual Currency/token relative to Fiat Currency or other currencies/tokens may result in significant loss or tax liability over a short period of time;
8) The nature of Virtual Currency/tokens may lead to an increased risk of fraud or cyber attack;
9) The nature of Virtual Currency/tokens means that any technological difficulties may prevent the access or use of a customer’s Virtual Currency/tokens.
All Mooncoin transactions are completely transparent which makes abusing it with any criminal purpose not viable.
If you need an ADVANCED level of privacy, you are not in the right place.
Make sure you understand the decentralised nature of Mooncoin before using, joining, or developing the Mooncoin ecosystem.
Mooncoin is not a company/enterprise, and is not backed by any company/organisation/enterprise, it’s a completely decentralized, open source project, backed by common people all over the world.
Mooncoin is not a business and has no profit.
Mooncoin can be seen as a collectible item with limited supply (like Bitcoin or Litecoin).
Mooncoin is also blockchain-based decentralised environment which can be used with many legal purposes on a daily basis over long term.
The Mooncoin protocol (like Bitcoin’s one) has many features and opens possibilities that people are still exploring.
One of them is the MoonWord programming language which allows to record information onto the blockchain.
The most interesting uses of Mooncoin are very likely still to be discovered.
Mooncoin is NOT an ICO/crowdsale. Mooncoin is mineable, with no premine.
There are no bosses, and no one ever received mooncoins in a way other than from regular mining or buying it.
There are investors/volunteers with equal opportunities, with no one center and thus with no warranties.
Nobody owns or controls the Mooncoin project.
You are welcome to join MOON and contribute your efforts to the project.
Mooncoin is an experimental software, AS IS, use it at your own risk.
Know how to protect your coins
11 rules that are mandatory if you don’t want to lose your coins/tokens:
1. Protect your computer against attacks (a firewall with proper settings is mandatory).
In order to use the Mooncoin wallet on your PC you must allow your wallet software to make connections through the firewall (Port: 44664). All other unknown connections should be blocked.
2. Please delete mooncoin.conf, unless you really know what you are doing with RPC and ports on your computer.
3. Encrypt your wallet using a strong and unique password! (16+ characters). This can be done from the Settings menu using the Encrypt Wallet function.
It’s mandatory if you want to prevent a theft! Remember that if you lose or forget your password, you will lose your coins.
4. Your wallet must be already encrypted with a strong password, BEFORE you generate a new address to transfer coins to it.
5. Only backup encrypted wallets.
6. Close your Mooncoin client before making backup (copying your wallet.dat to an external hard drive or USB device).
7. Make backups after receiving large quantities of coins. The wallet must be encrypted BEFORE making backups.
8. Never keep large quantities of coins in web wallets or at exchanges.
9. If you keep your coins at exchanges use Two-Factor Authentication!
10. Compile the wallet by yourself, or use only trusted compilations (only if you trust a person who has compiled them).
11. Use anti-keylogger soft, or keep coins in paper wallets (generated safely on PC with no Internet access).
Please read these articles for more information:
Backingup and securing your wallet.
Attention! Always backup your wallet! Keep your wallet.dat copy in a safe place!
Look for your wallet.dat file in C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Mooncoin
or in C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application data\Mooncoin, if you lose or overwrite your wallet.dat file, you’ll be not able to get an access to your coins.
If you don’t see the dir with wallet.dat on your PC, then switch on ‘Show hidden files’ in your PC settings.
Attention! It’s strongly recommended to use paper wallets to keep large quantities of coins safely over long term.
Paper wallets (generated on a safe offline machine) will protect you against keyloggers.
You may want to generate 10-20 addresses and split your coins. Each address will have a secret private key.
Never disclosure your private keys to anyone!
How to use Mooncoin paper wallets in a simple and secure way:
Remember that if you lose your wallet passphrase, you will lose all coins in your wallet.
If you think that your passphrase is compromised, then immediately generate a new address with a new passphrase and transfer all your coins/tokens to a new address.
Mooncoin.vip is not affiliated with any business, companies, services, dev teams, exchanges, tokens, pools. It’s an independent website solely for informational purposes.
The website mooncoin.vip was launched by the Heitor Messias as an independent and objective source of information about the decentralised Mooncoin project.
AS IS. No financial advice. Use Mooncoin resources at your own risk, and always do your own research.
There are some risks associated with crypto.